Tuesday, August 11, 2009

First Things First

Whew!
I have been working long hours to prepare for the beginning of school. I don't want to overwhelm anyone, but I have a few pieces of information that I would like for you to look over.

Heads Up
I will be sending home agendas on the first day of school. Please read the letter that I have taped in the front. Also, your child should bring home a "kidmail" folder and math resource book on the first day of school.

Please. . .
I need "proof of residency" as soon as possible. I don't need to keep it. A phone bill or similar piece of mail will work. Also, please send in the $25 materials fee which is required system wide.

Classroom Organization
My classroom is set up to encourage collaborative learning. During the first week of school we will spend a significant amount of time going over procedures on how to work together. I believe that each student is an expert at something and I hope the children will learn a lot from each other this year.

Home Sweet Home
Please let me know by note about changes to your child's dismissal. If we didn't discuss how your child gets home while you were here for registration, please send a note Wednesday morning. I prefer to know about changes early in the day if possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment