Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wonderful Water

Water is truly wonderful! The benefits we we recieve from staying adequately hydrated are tremendous. We know that our brains function better, and we are more capable of learning when we drink enough water. That is why I strongly encourage students to bring water to school. However, 20+ water bottles sitting on student desks can get messy. Therefore, I have some simple requirements I ask you to follow regarding water and its container. First, only bring WATER. Secondly, bring it in a spill-proof bottle. Experience has taught me that bottles with flip tops or pop-up tops leak. I require that water is brought in a bottle with a twist-on top. Store bought water is fine, but if you want to be thrifty and Earth-friendly, send water in a reusable container. As a serious water drinker I have found that polycarbonate bottles are VERY durable. (After several drops and bounces, my bottle is still intact.) You can get one almost anywhere. They will have the recycle triangle with a 7 on the bottom. Some students last year had aluminum containers with twist on tops. Those worked well, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment